Green Tara Study and Practice Series – ONGOING!!
April 13, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - April 13, 2023 @ 8:30 pm PDTFree – $350.00
Green Tara is one of the most beloved practices in the Vajrayana. In 2022 we are offering a special step-by-step series of classes and workshops designed for beginners, to help you get a good grounding in every aspect of this important practice. The series is currently in progress. Students who have taken refuge (or who will take it in May at Dekeling) are eligible to participate.
Though many of the classes can be taken individually, they are most effective when taken in sequence, and when all are completed.
Most classes in the series are recorded as video so you can catch up should you miss one, and so you can easily review the content as often as needed.
Dharma students, new and continuing are welcome. We understand that your life is busy—and we “chunk” the learning into manageable pieces. By the end of the program, you’ll know how to do the practice on your own, and will have a ready-made group of people with whom to do the practice, should you wish to. You’ll be prepared, also, to join retreats offered by other practice communities on this Green Tara practice.
The classes and self-learning modules in the series include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Yidam Practice (TBA)
- The Structure of a Sadhana (finished 4-13-22)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through Mantra (scheduled on our website, for 5-4-22)
- Getting to Know Green Tara through Mudras (scheduled on our website on 5-11-22)
- Getting to Know the 21 Taras and Their Functions. (TBA)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through the Green Tara Thangka. (scheduled on our website 5-25-22)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through the Seed Syllable TAM. (TBA)
- Optional: Getting to Know Green Tara Through Making a Green Tara Tentor. (scheduled on our website 6-8-22)
- Optional: Getting to Know Green Tara Through Copying The 21 Praises. (scheduled on our website, for 6-22-22)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through Working with the Text (TBA)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through Visualization. (TBA)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through the Practice: Level I (TBA)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through the Practice: Level II (TBA)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through the Practice: Level III. (TBA)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through Carrying the Green Tara Practice in Daily Life. (TBA)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through Liturgical Music (TBA)
- Getting to Know Green Tara Through a Green Tara Retreat. (TBA)
Students will learn to do the entire long version of the practice, which is most appropriate for beginners.
TO LEARN MORE
When you register for the series, you will receive more information about dates in a an easy-to-read chart. If you have questions, please email Lama Lekshe at Lekshe@gmail.com
The tuition for this program is $350. It does not include tuition for an an optional Green Tara retreat at the end of the program. Tuition can be paid over time or all at once. (Tuition for this series is included in the Vajra Heart Program if you are enrolled.)
Once you have registered for the program, you’ll receive invitations to each class, the handouts, recordings of classes, and more. Scholarships are available to those who volunteer at Dekeling and practice with the community regularly. To inquire about scholarships, please contact Lama Lekshe.
Lama Palden says, “Tara…is the most beloved by Tibetans of all the female awakened beings. Tara is known as ‘she who ferries beings across the ocean of samsara.’ She is fully enlightened and is inseparable from genuine reality, or true nature, the dharmakaya. She rushes to the aid of beings when we call upon her with heartfelt devotion.
“Peaceful and wrathful, beautiful and powerful, Tara is the actuality of wisdom and compassion… She transcends dualistic limitations and leads us beyond duality to the infinite bliss and emptiness that is our true nature.”